The basic orientation of the Department in the filed of science and research falls into the following areas:
- Fiber optic sensors, micorcell optical networks, fibreless optical communications, DTS system, distributed temperature sensing along optical fiber
- Wireless networks and mobile communications, Internet of Things.
- Secuirty in communications, cybersecurity, penetration testing.
- Quality of service and user’s experience QoS/QoE, proposals of new QoE approaches and applications.
- Mulitmedia, speech and image processing, implemantation of multimedia communication systems with advance srevices.
- Research and development of mathematical models, design and optimization of telecommunications networks.
Topics of dissertations thesis tend to this areas of research as well as some topics of student’s master thesis.
Projects are regularly acquired from agencies: